Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Emma is 4!!!

Emma, you turned 4 and got an ear infection and a bit of a cold to celebrate it.  You were well enough to go to school to have cupcakes, and then that afternoon I got a call to pick you up as you had a 101 degree fever.  Daddy took you to the doctor today and seem to be better now that you're on antibiotics. That's good since your party is this Saturday!

You were so excited to tell people you are 4.  The problem is you don't lead off with that you just had (or were having) your birthday so people don't realize it's a big deal!

You are able to write your name but have to work on the lower case letters.  You've started doing some addition.  Tonight for example, at dinner you were asking what 3 + 5 was.  You were able to figure it out on your fingers.  I asked you what 5 + 3 was and you had to recount your fingers.  The development of those ideas is very interesting to me, and I'm excited to see you grow through those phases.

Your listening skills aren't so great lately, and it's not just due to the ear infection.  I have to ask you multiple times to get you to stop doing something.  It's very frustrating.  I try to praise you when you DO listen the first time.  I try to prep you with my expected behavior for you prior to going places.  I'm definitely learning it takes a TON of repetition.  I have more patience than Daddy (amazingly), but I'm running out.  I feel bad some days because by the time I see you after school, my students have already used up all my patience.  You're quite a trooper and rise to my expectations more days than not.  I hope you only remember the good times and not when I'm frustrated with your behavior or just frustrated in general and seem to take it out on you.  I hope when you're older, you call me out on that as well.  We love you!



No comments: