Friday, October 25, 2013

Emma's first field trip

Emma, you had your first field trip this past Wednesday.  Your class went to the Country Mill.  Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly a new place for you to go as that's where we go apple picking every October.  I have a feeling being our kid you'll experience many field trips like that -- places that you've been already.  You were super excited to ride the bus though.  I can remember you being just around 2 years old pointing out every school bus we passed on the way home from daycare.  Your teachers were doing a good job telling you the expectations prior to the trip too.  Two days out you told me, "We have to sit completely on our butts facing forward in the seats."  I couldn't go with you as I had to work.  Daddy was out of town on business.  Fortunately you are in class with Owen Carmody whose parents we are good friends with.  His mom sent 3 pictures from the trip.

Left to right: Owen, Emma, and Jacob.

Picking out pumpkins in the pumpkin patch.

The bus ride there!  I love your smile in this picture.
On the way home, you informed me there was a second Jacob in your class that I hadn't met yet.  "There's two Jacobs.  The Jacob who loves me and the Jacob who doesn't.  Sometimes we just call them little Jacob and big Jacob."  Jacob is your buddy with braces on his legs.  There's a second girl in your class who started after the field trip day who has braces too and a walker.  You seem to think nothing of the difference, it's just what those kids need.  I wish more people kept that nonchalance longer.  I did use that as an opportunity to reinforce that you need to walk across the classroom so you don't accidentally knock one of those kids over.

No comments: