Saturday, September 14, 2013

First day of preschool!

Emma, your first day of preschool was September 3, 2013.  (Today is the 12.  I also started school.  I've been trying to figure out schedules and splitting time between you girls, school, myself, and house things.  It's taken me awhile to figure that out and get to this.  Sorry!)

You were super excited!  Daddy took the day off to take you in the morning.  He was pretty nervous that you might have a meltdown and he wouldn't know what to do.  Fortunately you were awesome.  He said you were great -- talking to other kids even before you went inside -- until the little boy next to you had a meltdown.  Then you started getting a little whiny.  Fortunately Mrs. Reynolds quickly had you come up to the front of the line to lead everyone in.  Daddy said he poked his head in after you were in the class already and you had totally stopped crying.

I've taken over dropping you off in the morning since your school is 3 minutes from my school.  You go to child care in the morning and see Madeline Carmody every day.  Owen, her brother, is there 2 days a week and also in your class those two days.

You've already made 2 friends that you talk about often: Victoria and Abby.  (It's funny to me you also have "Abby and Emma" dolls with magnetic clothes -- think old-school paper dolls.)  You've also talked about a Joshua from morning childcare, who I think he might be the brother of one of my current students.  You also talked about a Tristan the other day.

They provide a rest time just after lunch.  You never sleep though.  You have fallen asleep on the car ride home a couple days.  We've also started putting you to bed about 15 minutes earlier.  You're out much quicker at night -- we don't still hear you around 9:30.

You've had all good days so far.  You had to go to timeout once for running across the classroom.  Otherwise I've had no bad reports.  In my head I keep debating between putting you in Dewitt schools next year or waiting until you and Stella can ride the bus on your own.  If we start you next year, Daddy will always have to work a later shift and will never be home in the evenings, unless it's his day off.  He and I have to keep talking about it.

Here are some pictures Daddy took in the morning.






No comments: